Friday, April 05, 2013

Crowdfunding

Hello everyone! This post is coming directly from Brazil as I visit family and wait for the release of my second feature film, Open Road. I’m also in the middle of crowd funding a short film and just launched the campaign, so I figured this might be a good time to talk to you about different sites available for crowd funding, the differences and even whether or not you should do it. I have to confess my producing partner Sarah Lynn Dawson and I considered not even going that route with this project. We all get bombarded with requests to donate, don’t we? We’d love to help others, but money is tight, right? We have other projects in the works, bigger projects, that also need funds, lots of funds... so why bother with a few thousand for a short?



Well, ultimately, we decided this project is unique and important and we should do this story justice. So, that’s one good reason to do it. We have a really talented cast and crew and we hope to get enough attention by doing using social media and even word of mouth to spread the word. (I just walked my own mother through the steps so she could donate.) Every little bit helps when you’re working on your passion projects.

But enough about me and my reasons. Here’s a list of sites (brought to you by Honkiat.com) for you to crowd fund your own projects:

 http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/crowdfunding-sites/

And here’s a few tips on how to make your campaign a success. (I just started mine, we’ll see if I succeed.)
http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/11-tips-for-crowdfunding-how-to-raise-money-from-strangers/

http://www.indiegogo.com/crowdfunding-tips

And lastly and shamelessly, here’s a link to my crowd funding campaign: www.indiegogo.com/projects/unsolved 


 *Do you have a helpful resource you’d like to promote? Do you know about a great resource to share with the Broads? Contact me to be a part of helpful resource Friday.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment